SLA is a member of The Partnership, a group of provincial and territorial library association that meet and work together for mutual benefit.
As a member of SLA you are eligible for member rates for the Education Institute programs and the Continuing Education Certificate program. You also have access to the use of the Job Board for library positions and to The Journal where you will find peer-reviewed articles relevant to the library community.
Please visit The Partnership website for information on all these programs.
The Partnership consists of several initiatives:
- Education Institute – webinars and online learning for library information workers
- Job Board – a listing of positions available in the library and information sector in Canada
- National Continuing Education Certificate (CEC) Program – a formal program to plan, document and report professional development and learning activities.
- Partnership: The Canadian Journal of Library and Information Practice and Research is a library and information practitioner’s journal published twice a year. Papers may be submitted at any time for publication consideration. Potential articles are reviewed by members of an editorial committee. Articles are published in several categories. Feature articles on theory & research and on innovations in practice are in-depth, peer-reviewed papers that typically fall in the range of 3,000 to 7,000 words. Other types of articles accepted include viewpoints, conference presentations, profiles, professional development and book reviews.
- The Library Marketplace – The Ontario Library Association offers SLA members the opportunity to purchase items from the OLA Store at Member prices. Please review the catalogue and when ordering, indicate that you are an SLA member. The promo code that SLA members can use is: PART15
- Member Benefits -Goodlife, Perkopolis, and FitChicks – a discount opportunity offered to members of The Partnership. As a holder of Individual membership with SLA, you are being offered an opportunity to take advantage of some very good savings on many products and services in entertainment, hotels, shopping, and travel. Request a code from the SLA office.