Call for Nominee as CFLA-FCAB Prairie Province Representative
November 7th, 2017
Categories: What's New
The Federation’s Nominations Committee (NC) is currently seeking the SLA nomination for the 2018 CFLA-FCAB Board of Directors. The Federation’s Board of Directors will be elected by the Members at the annual general meeting (AGM) on January 31, 2018. The nominee is eligible to stand for election on January 31, 2018 to begin a 2 year term as a Director of the Corporation.
Eligibility: According to SLA’s Terms of Reference to be eligible the nominee needs to:
- be an individual member in good standing in SLA;
- have significant knowledge of the work and issues related to SLA
- have library experience,
- meet the nomination criteria as set out in Article 32 of CFLA-FCAB bylaws
- be available for all CFLA-FCAB board meetings and possibly some ad hoc committee meetings
- be able to provide reports as required on a regular basis
- be available for SLA and MLA AGMs
To be nominated please submit the following Nomination Form (both sides) and forward to the SLA Executive Director no later than November 17, 2017. You will be notified within the week if you name has been endorsed by the Board of Directors Selection committee.