SLA is a member of The Partnership, a group of provincial and territorial library association that meet and work together for mutual benefit.
As a member of SLA you are eligible for member rates for the Education Institute programs and the Continuing Education Certificate program. You also have access to the use of the Job Board for library positions and to The Journal where you will find peer-reviewed articles relevant to the library community.
Please visit The Partnership website for information on all these programs.
The Partnership consists of four initiatives:
- Education Institute – webinars and online learning for library information workers
- Job Board – a listing of positions available in the library and information sector in Canada
- Partnership: The Canadian Journal of Library and Information Practice and Research –a biannual, peer-reviewed publication
- National Continuing Education Certificate (CEC) Program – a formal program to plan, document and report professional development and learning activities.
- Partnership: The Canadian Journal of Library and Information Practice and Research is a library and information practitioner’s journal published twice a year. Papers may be submitted at any time for publication consideration. Potential articles are reviewed by members of an editorial committee. Articles are published in several categories. Feature articles on theory & research and on innovations in practice are in-depth, peer-reviewed papers that typically fall in the range of 3,000 to 7,000 words. Other types of articles accepted include viewpoints, conference presentations, profiles, professional development and book reviews.